Coordinates of the school politics of the Lugoj bishopric. The Haţeg school between 1850-1918
Autor: Camelia Elena Vulea
After the 1848 revolution, the Court from Vienna took a series of measures for the development of the teaching system from the empire. By developing of the primary school network and the assuming of instructions regarding the obligation to attend the school, the number of Romanian pupils increased.
After the issuing in 1868 of the school law, The Lugoj Bishopric had an intensive activity for the fulfilling of the law provisions and protecting of the confessional schools. The schools were facing the tendencies of the authorities to transform them in state schools with Hungarian as teaching language.